Division of Child Support

Latest News


What does the DSHS Division of Child Support do?

We provide many services for parents and families, some of them may surprise you. Learn more about the services we provide with our new video.

DCS can do for you


Questions about child support?

Please call us at 1-800-442-KIDS (5437). This automated system allows quick access to your case manager by entering your case number. If you do not have a case or know your number press "0" for staff assistance. For further information on how to use the KIDS line please see the full instructions.


Are you struggling to pay child support?

Contact our Alternative Solutions program specialists who will help you identify and overcome barriers to paying child support. Check out the video and see how it worked for one parent. If you think the program can help you, call us at 1-800-604-1146.


Our offices are currently closed to walk in traffic and due to the state budget shortfall our staff will be on furlough Aug. 24, Sept. 28, Oct. 26 and Nov. 16 and will be unavailable on those days,

You can still call 1-800-442-KIDS (5437)  and follow directions for information about your case any time of day. You also can send an email to DCS-CRU@dshs.wa.gov and we will respond on the next business day.

If you need to make a payment there are several ways to do that without coming to our offices. Find out more on our Paying Child Support  page.

Thank you for your patience and stay healthy!

If you are an employer needing to report layoffs or closuresplease click here.

You may be eligible for free job training!

Families Forward Washington has re-started enrollment of noncustodial parents. Free of charge, FFW study participants receive up to six months of job training, career counseling, help finding a job, and Alternative Solutions child support assistance. Go to ffw@goodwillotc.org or call 509-460-4704, ext. 323 to find out more!

Child support and your stimulus checks

The COVID-19 recovery package recently passed by Congress does include an offset for child support payments. This means that stimulus payments to a paying parent may be sent to the Division of Child Support if you are behind on your support. This is not true in every case, and we are not certain when those payments will be made or how they will come to us.

If you are concerned about how stimulus payments will affect your case, it’s best to contact your support enforcement officer directly. If you are not sure who that is, or what your case number is, please call 1-800-442-KIDS (5437) so we may assist you.

Thank you for your patience during these difficult times and thank you for all you do to help your children reach their full potential.  


What We Do

We improve lives by delivering excellent child support services.

How We Do It

We provide respect and resources to every person every day.